Candace Couse

Monday, 24 September 2012

Switzerland: Basel City Manor Marathon

Sunday morning I was up at 5:00am to eat some breakfast, drink some coffee, do some yoga and take a trolley into Barfüsserplatz to participate in the Basel City Manor Marathon in the Halbmarathons F 20 category.
Photo courtesy of Run to the Beat Basel

Photo courtesy of Run to the Beat Basel




I felt pretty strong throughout the race, and it ran just like these things usually do for me, and by that I mean that I lost confidence in the first 5km, reined it back for the next 5km and was strong and steady for the rest of the race. I actually think I could have been faster but I kept erring on the side of caution because I've been  close to burning out over such distance before. I felt strong at the finish which means I possibly should have pushed harder. I beat my record by around 6 minutes, though, so that's pretty awesome!



 Huffing and puffing at the finish line.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks Jack! I was kinda rocking my own world that day.

    ReplyDelete