Candace Couse

Thursday, 16 August 2012

Switzerland: I'm in Basel, Baby!

I'm here! My iaab residency in Basel Switzerland will keep me occupied from August until December. After working though a few things and getting settled I have just started to begin working. Here is a look at my studio. It is a fabulous space and I feel profoundly lucky to have this opportunity.




The view outside these windows is of my private courtyard. I spent an hour this morning drinking tea in the sunshine.  





This staircase leads to the second story which houses two bedrooms, a bathroom, exposed beams and extreme ceiling lines.








My courtyard from the outside. Check out this crazy gate.


My studio is located on the grounds of the Fondation Beyeler Museum which essentially means I have an insane backyard and Jeff Koons is my roommate. 





My studio from the outside. More photos below from the grounds of the Fondation Beyeler Museum.







4 comments:

  1. Ummm. Not bad! Not bad my friend!
    I am not jealous at all.... nope, not at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candace, I met your Aunt Wendy this past weekend and she shared with me your story. I wish you the best! Soak it in! Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adrienne, thanks for the encouragement. Wendy has been a big part of this journey so far!

      Delete