Candace Couse

Monday, 10 October 2011

Farmhouse Kitchen Table

Farmhouse Kitchen Table





I've been excited to blog about this. I've been very busy this last week remaking those eight parson-style chairs I blogged about, but that's not all...look at this table made from plans found here: http://ana-white.com/2009/12/plans-farmhouse-table-knock-off-of.html by Ana White. Her plans are for a longer table--I will blog about that one which was also made, but there are too many photos for just one blog--but for this kitchen table I thought I would shorten it to four feet to seat four chairs. The wondrous thing about having two farmhouse tables is that they can be fit together to make one mamajamma dining table. Check out my next blog for details!


I went with knotty pine for the wood. It's inexpensive and has a lot of character with the knots, although you should be sure to seal them if you go this route. I distressed the table with chains which you can read more about this (as well as more details on the process) in the next blog. I chose "dark walnut" as a stain and a low gloss finish. 






4 comments:

  1. Hi! love your table! what kind of finish did you use? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ovcblog,
    I used a dark walnut stain and a low gloss (satin) finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, what did you use for the satin finish?

    ReplyDelete