Candace Couse

Saturday, 17 September 2011

Edges of Square


I went to the local yarn shop about a month ago and found this amazing sock yarn in this striking colour gradation. I knew right away I wanted to make a scarf out of it. The trouble with block colour changes in yarn is that they make horizontal lines that bleed into each other when knitted. This isn't actually a problem, it's just not what I wanted for my sock yarn, so I knitted the entire ball in one long, thin two inch string which I then wrapped up into one large scarf loop and sewed together with overlapping edges. Edgy? I think so.




2 comments:

  1. WOW! What a beautiful scarf! The colors are stunning. Can you share the yarn details?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry but I'm not sure what fibre it is. I can't recall. It was sock yarn, so very light weight. Sorry I can't give you more. I'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete